I HATE MOULD! It disgusts me so much that I literally get the shakes both physically and mentally. Recently, I found some creeping into my bathroom grout and threatening to disturb my bathroom peace and sanity time, so I decided to show who the Boss is. I went DIY ham and I’m proud to report that my bathroom is now mould free!
GETTING THAT MOULD OUT:
Vinegar, Hydrogen Peroxide (Bleach), Baking Soda or Powder, an old toothbrush and a spray bottle.
- Mix a cup of vinegar and bleach and pour into the spa meat bottle.
- Spray the mixture onto the mould. Spray generously on it and around.
- Leave to soak for 2 hours.
- Make a paste with the baking soda by mixing it with a little water then using an old toothbrush apply the paste to the mould.
- Leave for 4 hours. And then brush away with the toothbrush and water. No bathroom cleaning substance.
- If the mould is still there, repeat the steps again and again until every sign of mould disappears.
Mould thrives on moisture, soap scum and food residue. After a bath or shower, washing or cooking, it is important to rinse the walls and areas susceptible to mould with water and once a week, spray those area with your Vinegar and Bleach mixture to discourage a reappearance.
If the mould is under your sealant and won’t come out after taking the steps above, then you need to peel off the sealant, do the steps above, and replace the sealant once the mould is gone and the area is dry.